Previously, I never considered blogging as I thought it was only for a small handful of leaders in the development community. Further research has shown that it is a valuable activity that any good developer should do. Blogging benefits the blogger as much as the outside world. I was still on the fence until I read the below post from the blog of a fellow developer, Joe Stagner. The list below is why a developer should start blogging. My main reasons are #4 and #2.
1) Blogging is a great way to get feedback on your code
2) Keeps you learning
3) You get your own Crisis Support Team
4) You blog becomes your own personal information data base
5) You blog is your door to the social network
6) Make a few bucks Some folks make lots of money
7) Your blog becomes a source of data
8.) Your blog becomes your living resume
9) Some developers are a bit anti-social
10) It’s simply rewarding
The full post is here.